Saturday, September 18, 2010

iPod Touch 4G: Gadgets on my wish list, part 3

People say the iPad is just a blownup iPod Touch. For me, however, I think the iPod Touch is an iPad at just about the right size. I have never been a big fan of the iPod, and I have always been a Walkman guy. In fact, my first portable music player was a Sony, way back when listening to music on the go meant being mobile with a Sony Walkman.
The iPod Touch 4G: at the top of my gadget wish list.
From the very first time I saw the iPod Touch, however, I have always dreamed of owning one someday. But because I had a Samsung MP3 player and a Philips portable media player then, I could not bring myself to blowing some 10K pesos for a new MP3 and video player. Even though it's a media player dubbed by the popular media as one of the coolest.

But the coming of the iPod Touch 4G forces a reckoning. And the way things stand, I might have to give in to my iPod craving. Finally.

I'm excited about the iPod Touch 4G's FaceTime video-calling capability.
Even if I wanted to, I guess, it would be near impossible to resist the charm of the 101-gram, 4.4 x 2.3 x 0.28-inch iPod Touch 4G. First impressions, they say, are of utmost importance; and what an impression does the iTouch's 3.5-inch Retina touchscreen display make. Its 960 x 640-pixel resolution screen packs four times more pixels than those of previous iPods.

While playing videos and viewing photos via the iPod Touch 4G's screen would be quite an exciting experience, its FaceTime video calling application would be a defining feature for the latest iPod Touch.

I can hardly wait until I get my hands on this media player from Apple. And I'm not even a fanboy.

No comments: