Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Gadgets on my wish list

Christmas is barely a couple of months away, and this early, people are getting ready with their lists -- of the people (family, friends, and coworkers) they would give gifts to and of the goodies they would buy for them. This happens every year.

And on these islands, the effects seem more pronounced than they are overseas. Somehow, whenever the "Ber" months come, people transform into clones of Santa Claus and his helpers, combined. Manufacturers and sellers, meanwhile, are crossing their fingers too. After all, the holiday season accounts for a large portion of their annual sales.

For ordinary consumers (like us), we also should think of ourselves, even if we're last on our lists. I, for one, have my own wish list of gadgets that I hope and dream I would find beneath the tree when I wake up on Christmas morning.

Mobile Phones (Smart or otherwise)

First on my list of smartphones to die for would be the Galaxy S from Samsung. While most of my friends and family are dying for an iPhone 4, I have my sight on this state-of-the-art, cream of the cream, numero uno Android-powered smartphone.
Head over heels for the Samsung Galaxy S' Super AMOLED screen
The one thing that I love most about the Galaxy S is its 4-inch Super AMOLED screen, with its 480 x 800-pixel (WVGA) resolution. While slightly short of the iPhone 4's display in terms of pixel count, the Super AMOLED screen can hold its own against the Cupertino-bred smartphone. And it is definitely a head taller than the other Android smartphones out there.

Next on my smartphone wish list would be the Nokia N8. Announced by Nokia in April 2010, the N8 is part of the Finnish mobile phone giant's campaign to revitalize its market leadership. The Symbian 3-powered smartphone comes with the ARM 11 680MHz processor and 3D Graphics HW accelerator.

It also comes with a built-in 12-megapixel camera and a 3.5-inch AMOLED screen.

The 113.5 x 59.1 x 12.9 mm, 135g Nokia N8 comes in various colors.









My next post continues this list. See you again this weekend (September 18).

No comments: