Saturday, October 9, 2010

Nikon Coolpix L22: Compact and budget, almost perfect

Last week, I bought myself a compact, budget-friendly camera at the SM Megamall's appliance center. After browsing the store's collections of digital cameras, and those of the other retail outlets located in the EDSA shopping mall that used to be the country's largest, I finally settled on the Nikon Coolpix L22.
The Nikon Coolpix L22 is a highly capable compact digicam.
Priced at Php7,200, the compact camera comes bundled with a 4GB SD card, two rechargeable batteries and a charger, and a camera pouch. It was also supposed to come with a pair of disposable AA batteries, but when I checked the whole package after I got home, the disposables were nowhere to be found. Not that I actually minded at all.

After all, for quite some time now, I have never liked using those landfill-bound batteries.

Anyway, back to the L22 digital camera.

The Nikon Coolpix L22 digital camera comes in a box that includes a USB cord, a CD software installer, user's manual, and a camera strap. Designed for those who love taking pictures but do not want to wade in all the way or spend too much time learning about the technology that professional or serious digital photography requires, this camera is easy to operate and takes clear photos.

In fact, Rod Lawton of cnet.co.uk wrote a glowing review of this compact Nikon. This helped convince me to settle on this camera as my shooter for everyday use.

This camera performs much better than the one I bought about two years ago, at four times the Nikon's price.
A week of using this Nikon convinced me that the Coolpix L22 is a virtual steal. It comes with features and performance that are miles ahead of those of the digicam I bought a couple years ago, at about four times the price of the Nikon.

Here's looking forward to a long shooting partnership with the Nikon Coolpix L22 digital camera.

I will post a complete review, in about a month. Please do watch out for that one.

No comments: